Best Bad Credit Credit Cards
Store Credit Cards for Bad Credit
There are many retail stores that offer credit cards. Basically, every store in the mall has their own credit card. There are many store credit cards that give you special offers just for applying for a credit card. Usually when you apply for a store credit card, you receive discounts off your purchase for applying.
They are usually an easy approval and are great if you need to rebuild your credit or even better if you love to shop. To apply for a store credit card:
- You need to be atleast 18 years old.
- Be Employed
- Show proof of residence
Easy Store Credit Cards
Many times we get emails asking us this question, “What are the easiest store credit cards to apply for when you have bad credit and get approved?” Our answer is this. Store credit cards are very easy to get approved if you meet the necessary requirements. In our opinion the easiest store credit cards to apply for and get approved are: JCPenney, Sears, Disney Store, Macys, Walmart, Kohls, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Kmart, Best Buy, Victorias Secret, Boscovs, Old Navy and Gap. When you are a card holder, you get special rewards and offers.
However, keep in mind even though you are approved most store credit cards have a higher interest rate. So make you pay your bills on time and it won’t increase. If you keep a good credit standing, this will change your bad credit to good credit. You will be able to rebuild your credit in no time.
Here is the best way to improve your credit score.
Many people are in the same situation as you currently find yourself in. But the good news is that if you start repairing your credit now it won’t be long before you start seeing results. Here’s advice that is relevant to people who have bad credit and a low credit score.
• Study your credit report well: The first thing you need to do is get your credit reports from the 3 major nation-wide credit reporting agencies. They are Equifax, Trans Union and Experian. They are mandated by law to provide free credit reports to anyone who asks for them once every 12 months. Order your credit report by phone, mail or online and study each of them one by one. Scrutinize with care to find if there are any errors. Sometimes even small errors can hugely affect credit scores and if that is the case with you, dispute them with the concerned credit reporting agencies. Studying your report will also give you the opportunity to find out on what points you can improve easily and what points will need more time.
• Reduce your debts: If you are making more than $100,000 a year, you need to start being responsible about your debts and payments. When you have a low credit score of about 500, it is obvious that you have not been very diligent with your payments. It’s high time you started. Start by reducing your debts. If you have a huge debt or mortgage to pay off on your home or expensive car, start making big payments. This will go a long way in improving your credit score fast. See how Credit Scoring is Obtained.
• Make credit card payments on time: Check your credit card monthly statements with care. Some of them may have small amounts unpaid on them because of sheer carelessness. Though the amounts may not be much, they can adversely affect your credit score. So pay them off as soon as possible. Also, make sure that you pay off all your credit card bills at the end of the month if you are someone who just makes the minimum payments required. Also, take care in ensuring that you utilize as little of your credit balances as possible every month because credit reporting agencies check these. The lower it is, the higher your score will be.
• Get secured credit cards: Many consumers have noted that they have experienced a big boost in their credit scores when they started using secured credit cards. Of course, if you get one, make sure you pay the bills on time every month.
Repair your credit and with that, you will be able to enjoy better financial benefits than ever before.